Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Hola!

Hola mi familia y amigos!!

This week has been a pretty great week so far! Nothing really changes because we have the same schedule every week so I will just share some of my favorite moments of this week!! First off we had a lesson with our TRC investigator, Mercedes, and it went amazing!!! Half way through teaching the plan of salvation me and Elder Lloyd decided to sing "I am a child of God" to her. The spirit was so strong and she started to tear up. (even though i can't sing... good thing Elder Lloyd can and he carried us!) But i learned how much music and simple doctrine can really help someone. Just those simple words were able to bring our investigator so much joy knowing she had a loving Heavenly Father who wanted her back with Him. She wants to be baptized but still wants to know more so that is really cool!!! The language is coming along pretty good and I can usually understand what someone is saying, and I am getting better at being able to convey my feelings! The only way this is possible is through the Power of the Holy Ghost. Without Him. I am nothing. He is the teacher, and I am merely the instrument that He can work through. I love teaching people and helping them feel of their Heavenly Fathers love for them.

My second point is about the Tuesday night devotional, Elder Oaks of the 12 came and spoke to us!!! I felt like a celebrity was among us!! It was so exciting and so good and I just wanted to pull as much out of it as I could. The things that stood out to me the most was A the importance of the Sacrament. The sacrament is how we renew our covenants with God and become new again. Next time you take the sacrament really focus on the blessings that are in there if we strive to be more like Christ. Elder Oaks said that every member should know the sacrament prayer by heart. Becasue this is the way to become clean again and renew covenants so we can return to our Father in Heaven. The second thing I learned is that we must always teach with power and be worthy to teach of that power. No matter how good of a teacher and speaker i may be, i will never be successful without Divine help. This makes me think of one of my favorite scriptures, Alma 26:12, i encourage you all to read that and live it. I am trying to do the same. Those are just a few points of his talk that i loved.

Finally I am almost finished with the Book of Mormon!!! I can defintiely see the blessings in my life that have come from this. I started when I got here, and anytime that I have a question about anything i go into my studies thinking about that question and it is ALWAYS answered. The book of Mormon contains all the answers to life. If you need help with anything go to the Book of Mormon. Strive to read it daily. I can promise that you will see blessings in your life because of it. 

I am having so much fun here and I feel so much joy because I am surrounded by the spirit and my Savior Jesus Christ. Knowing that and that I have his name on my chest over my heart brings so much comfort. I know that He lives and wants to help us always. He is there always. All we have to do is pray and ask. He literally is just a prayer away. When life gets too hard to stand... Fall to your knees. The power of guidance and the atonement are there for us to take if we only ask in faith. I love you all and thank you all for your letters and emails, i will try and write you all back as much as i can. Hopefully some of my words will touch your hearts and answer your questions, because i know yours do that for me. 

Hasta Pronto. Con amor,
Elder Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment