Monday, October 5, 2015

General Conference

Hola familia!!

What a week it has been!! We are so lucky to be able to listen to our wonderful Prophet and Apostles, I absolutely love listening to them speak to us because if you go into it with a question you can always find an answer if you listen closely. My favorite talk this time around was from President Uchtdorf in the saturday morning session. He talked a lot about keeping the gospel simple, and not over complicating it. In the scriptures we read a lot that the Lord delights in the plainness of the teachings. That is something that really stuck out to me, because as a missionary we really have to learn how to teach basically so that everyone can understand. The basics are the most important parts of the gospel. Nobody needs to know all the deep doctrine to have faith in Christ and be baptized, they just need to know the simple loving doctrines. So I have been really trying to work on being able to teach simply and with power. That is one of the reasons that I loved that talk!! It was awesome!

Here in Katy, it has been a really busy week because we just opened this area, so we have been trying to get everything set up and organized. But we found two pretty solid investigators!!! Andres, and Estaban. They are both amazing and me and Elder Jorquera really feel good about them and are planning on setting baptismal dates this week!! Andres taught me something that was so special. At the end of our first lesson with him, we gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to read it, and when he found out that it was his own, free copy (he really liked that part hahah), he got so excited and you could just feel the spirit fill the room because one of God's children was that excited to read His words. That made we look back and wonder if I had that same enthusiasm when I read. I think as members we become "numb" to all of these things because we do them so often, ie. read, pray, go to church, and we don't see that these simple things are so significant and bring so much joy. So I am trying to be better at finding the joy and happiness in these things, that I would have it was my first time. I really loved that lesson with Andres.

All is good here in Texas! Things are going great and I love the people here :) They are all so sweet, well the Hispanics are... the Americans not so much. haha! but it is awesome. Thank you for all you love and support that you all show me, and know that I pray for everyone back home daily. I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week!!

Love,
Elder Ryan Stuart

ps. mom I forgot my camera so hopefully i can send pics later sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment